Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Key Skills

For those of you who dont know , key skills area goverment innative to unify Brtians work force to the same standard of english, maths and IT to help improve job prospects, Key skills are taught as 3 subjects Application Of Number , Communication and IT. There are 5 levels level 2 is GCSE grade C equivlant and Level 4 & 5 are degree level. In theory key skills should provide an alternative to GCSES unifying everyone's standards of english, maths and IT

I have studied key skills for the last 5 years and havnt moved on, although Im not stupid to Train effectivly which from the feedback Ive been getting I seem to be able to do requires intelligence as does getting good marks on my CISCO course ( this term I have got 100, 82, 97 % on my tests). But Im having problems learning the fundermentals such as fractions, decimnals and percantages I struggle reading somtimes and I cant spell very comprehensibly in comparsion to my vocabolrery.
In one key skills assigment bearing in mind I have done key skills for 5 years straight this is not nessasserilly about my current college I had a problem with spelling and grammmer on an essay after the 3rd revision I said to my tutor "were not getting anywhere here are we, we should trying somthing diffrent?" and they said " well what do you think we should do" I replied that I wasnt a teaching so didnt really know about diffrent techquies etc. I didnt say this to be cocky but I wanted to move on and wasnt getting anywhere
Maybe that sounds like somthing small or that Im out spoken, or that it donst matter but to me that attitude really made me angry, I felt that if I was willing to learn tutors should help me and that if I can pin point a problem they should try and help me overcome it instead Im greted with a pesamstic attuitude. When I explained my problems to the tutor I descried as my dysparxia and Asperger's like dominios my Aspergers means I stuggle understanding lanaguge and the dysparxia gives me problems with shiort term memory and sequencing so they knock on to one another but if I tell tutors that they thibnk Im being cocky.GRRR. In the future I would like to be able to help students with simlar problems beacuse Im sure if the infomation wasnt comming from me as the student people would listen,
In other news ...
I spent today feeling cross beacuse I dont like it when people tell me how I should live my life and what I should and shouldnt care about, I think Im 20 so I should be able to decide for myself, I also ran into the autstic langauge barrier again today Somtimes I dont understnad whats being said to me beacuse I get stuck on a word that I cant take litreally and dont have a internal dictionary definition of. I also think to slow to argue with people, maybe tommorow will be better ??

No comments: