Saturday, December 9, 2006

My Memoir

Im writinga memoir beacuse I think its important that what happeens to people such as myself is brought to light, and I hope it will provide comfort to others below is an exert please tell me what you think
the names have been changed this was writtern about my first year in high school Id of been 12.

"I was looking at the door it was Pink. I could see their shadows on the other side one of them has a pony tail and I can see it against the door, The other one has big frizzy black hair shes wearing he white blouses you can see it, the fear is all over me like a cold sweat and my legs feel as though they are falling all tingly and weightless, I’m tense and hot so hot in such a cool room, I look at the floor its black and cracked, I can see my feet (very reassuring) this will last forever I’m going to be in here all night no tea I’m going to die . tears are running down my face my mouths all wet and quivery. The siege ends at some point I’m left in fear. Just because I’m physically not in the toilets doesn’t mean my mind isn’t.

Tisha's elder brother called Juice, was in year 9. Even the teachers called Juice, instead of Antony.

Two other girls called Clara and M, were also in year 9 and as Tisha's family hated me and their next door neighbours and mary it was only fair that everyone else got their fair share in the hating department to. Juice was popular so him hating me meant so did everyone else.

So began a great deal of time spent in toilets.

Mhad a shaven head with a pony tail and Clara had black frizzy hair, as well as locking me in the toilets they also enjoyed such pursuits as tripping me up on such a frequent basis that I felt scared walking around when not in class. They also called me names and harassed me over the need to use the LSC or as they called it little spastics centre ( leraning supporrt centre), they got their delightful friends to administer more of the same. I got round the toilet thing for awhile by only using toilets in class times, to do this required me to get my planner ( a dairy all pupils had ) signed by the teacher whose class I was in, eventfully after a full page of signatures they started to complain, the teachers knew about the bullying but did very little to prevent it. One thing I could do safely at break times was go to the LSC ( learning support unit) which was a room used for teaching and supporting students with special needs.Bit of course I then got harrased for this."
(c) Robyn steward 2006

1 comment:

Paul Dixon said...

Bullying is never nice and in an ideal world no one should have to go through it...the thing i hated most about schools is the bullies are seen as the victim...i remember how certain tutors would say that obviously the bullies are having problems themselves to they take it out on other...ok this maybe true but it isnt fair...even worst is bullying someone because they appear different...
most of the bullies i encountered werent very clever and they never succeeded at anything but they held others back...i think that people who bully should be sent to a seperate school where they can bully each other...
but now im older i leave it in the past but i cant help but laugh because my bullies have no life, they have kids, in debt, on drugs etc...
The thing is there are bullies everywhere and people discriminate, even us who have been bullied do it...
i guess we can only try to understand and help fix the problems...most of it is support and to know that we are not alone or the only ones who hve been through it
its true when they say - the world can be a lonely place