Saturday, December 2, 2006

The reality of mid week gigs




A friend of mine plays in a band and organised his whole tour so as to come up to manchester so I could see him play, but the gig was mid week.
He ened up cancelling beacuse I didnt want to come which made me feel bad beacuse I did want to go but...... I have
Heminplegia ( a form of Cerbel palsy on the left side),
Heminopia( lack of perphiral vision),
Dysparxia ( aka clumsy child syndrome), Asperger's syndrome ( a high functioning form of autsim
Pazaprognosia (sp?) I cant recognise faces)
Lax legament ( the things that hold your bones togeather are floppy)

in reality the above menas
Hemiplegia, Dysparxia, Lax legaments : Cumlative effet of getting tired quick and on a bad day turning purple all down my left side, slurry almost drunken speach,shaky left side, struggling to swallow and chew: lasts from 30 mins-12 hrs +

Heminopia,dim dark places scary as I cant see whats happening, have to make an internal map of layouts

Pazaprognsia (sp?) cant recgonise faces so if Im with friends and I go off to the toilet or for a drink I often cant recongnise them when I come back so I dont know where they are hence I get lost

Asperger's : I dont know what to do in situations somtimes I prefer to stick to what I know , I find making friends who want to do the same things I do hard, I hate being hugged and kissed by friends and family.

So eventually I told my friend I didnt want to go, although I did but as it was on a wendesday I thought that it would have ill effects on me for the rest of the week. I felt really bad. Id like to go to gigs but dont feel capable of going on my own for my own safty.

But I like going out with people I really trust who litreally hold my hand beacuse then I dont have to worry about navigation or getting lost. But of course my friend would be up on stage so thats not very fesiable he was also playing first so couldnt sit me down.
Although open air gigs arent so bad I once went to one in tragular square which was great I got righ up to the front

I guess thats just the reality of being me. Umph :(

No comments: